Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy Birthday Elvis





You can find out more about Elvis at Wikipedia.   The short story is that he was born on this date in 1935 and that he peaked somewhere along a timeline that ends with his death in 1977.  There is disagreement about the cause of his death but the fact remains that he was no stranger to drug abuse.

As I watched the Jailhouse Rock video I was surprised to see a person who I believe to be Mickey Rooney dancing on camera- check it out at 1:20.  83% of today's population will ask "who is Mickey Rooney".  Certainly a lot more than an extra in an Elvis clip.  Once again Wikipedia can provide the information and contribute to your enlightenment.

EDIT: I am incorrect in my thinking that Mickey Rooney appeared in that film clip.  My wife.com did a little additional research after viewing the video.  She felt that Mickey would not have been that heavy at that point in his life.  She went through the cast of Jailhouse Rock and Mickey Rooney was not in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment