Thursday, June 20, 2019

1948 Buick Roadmaster


I am not a big fan of old Buicks but this really caught my heart.  I was in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan a couple of weeks ago and ran across this one at the Sukanen Ship Pioneer Village Museum.  A great walk through of pioneer Saskatchewan.  It is a self guided walk through with a number of surprises including this Roadmaster.  It had wonderful patina and the original interior had that old car aroma as well.  Other than the red wheels and a mechanical rebuild sometime in the past it appeared to be an original vehicle.


I couldn't mention Saskatchewan without making some reference to the landscape.  This was typical of the forty minute drive along the Trans Canadian Highway from Regina (Provincial Capital) to Moose Jaw.

2 comments:

  1. I love that wide open space in Saskatchewan, not like here on the east coast where you cant see more than a couple hundred feet due to the trees. That Buick has the same styling as my old Volvo. They were conceived in the same era. The Volvo was obsolete by the time they started building it in 1947 and then it carried on for another 20 yrs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My love of wide open spaces has it limits... and I am afraid, long term, Saskatchewan would exceed those limits.

    ReplyDelete